Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our week off is coming to a close. Truth be told, I never want to go back to work. Never. Its been so nice just waking up when we want without an alarm, getting things done around the house, hanging out, etc. I could get used to this really fast. However, the bills aren't going to stop coming, and I really like to shop, its probably best that we remain employed. Highlights of the week included:

~A trip to the outlet mall in Aurora which included a stop at the Coach store. I got (another) new purse, a planner, a hat and a bigger makeup bag (I bought a smaller one in Vegas).
~Found a coffee and end table for the upstairs living room and also scored a fabulous deal on lamps at BBandB.
~Planted tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, basil, and green peppers.
~Josh smoked a pork shoulder and made it into pulled pork. It was fabulous.
~Had an engagement party for Sandy and Evan. Good times.
~Finally bought a patio set (and put it all together...that was not so fun).
~Signed our wills, living wills, and power of attorneys. We also had our lasik checkup and got physicals which included full blood workups.
~Got one step closer to having Justin's bedroom all finished at Rob & Melissa's!

On another note, the one year anniversary of my dads death came and went. I thought I would feel something more profound, passing over that one year mark, but honestly, I didn't. My sadness level went up on the day of and the days surrounding the anniversary, but not too markedly. I guess I just thought I might feel some kind of relief, making it past that milestone, but I didn't really. I can't complain though - status quo is better than a step backwards, I suppose.

4 comments:

randi said...

Glad you had a good week off. :)

Melissa said...

Thank you SO much for your help - you have no idea how much we appreciate it. We'll see you guys again tonight :) I can make dinner! I promise I won't make you eat taco salad for a 3rd day in a row!

AJ said...

I'm jealous of how much you got accomplished on your week off. I love that feeling:)

Kara said...

You were so motivated and it sounds like you did some great shopping. I think if I was home all the time I would spend way too much, so it is better I work :)