Monday, March 23, 2009

One year ago today was the last time I ever saw my dad. We were in Tucson and it was Easter Sunday. I remember hugging him and telling him I loved him. He kissed me and his mustache was scratchy. We watching him drive away from the airport and he honked and we waved from the sidewalk. I’ve been thinking a lot about that day lately, about that trip and my last days/moments with my dad. Looking back, I am so glad that we decided to take that trip to visit him in Tucson.

I’ve been trying to keep myself busy, but it has definitely gotten to me in the last few days. Luckily though, this weekend we had a lot going on – Friday we had dinner with Sandy & Evan, Saturday we had dinner with Rob and Melissa and Justin and then went to Sandy and Evans for a bonfire. Sunday we slept in and then spent the afternoon in B&N looking at books about Vegas, Concrete Countertops, and Sheds.