Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Long Overdue

Yes, I am alive!

Wow, time flies. I can't believe it has been so long since I updated! Work has been so busy that time just got away from me. Its funny how easy it is to let life get in the way of living. Anyway, because its been so long, I'll do a quick recap:

Vegas: Was awesome! One of my favorite parts was probably the coach outlet, where my awesome husband actually encouraged me to spend (a lot) of money. I got 2 purses, a wallet, a makeup bag, an umbrella, and 2 scarves.

Home: We put up a shed a few weekends ago to make room in the garage - what a difference! :) Our first house had a one car garage, so when we bought this we knew we wanted a two car. Now we could have a three car, for sure! I also got a brand new bedroom set for the guest bedroom - love it. It took me a long time to find what I wanted because I refuse to buy anything that is not solid wood (I wont buy veneers, either). I will post pictures soon.

Family: Josh's parents came to visit us over mothers day weekend. It was the first time they had ever come to visit us since we lived here so it was fun to show them around. As far as my family goes, my moms breast reduction went well and she is thrilled with the results. My sister is good, but has a lot of growing up left to do. She wants to just spend the summer bumming around (read, no job) and expects my mom to support her. This annoys me, I think because I have always been so stubbornly self sufficient. As far as my brother goes, I haven't spoken with him for nearly three months. Its a long story, and this falling out has been a long time coming. I'll write more about that another time, because it just bums me out.

Work: INSANE. Everyday I feel like I am being pulled in 100 different directions and everybody thinks they are priority number one. I'm managing people now also, which is a lot of work. Its one thing to keep track of your own work, but quite another to keep track of other peoples, too. Its all going to be worth it when I get my promotion...which is coming very, very soon. I don't want to talk too much about it before it officially happens because I don't want to jinx myself! More to come on that soon! :)

The One Year Anniversary: Its almost here, and that is really hard. I can't believe he has been gone nearly a year. Some days it feels like just yesterday and other days it feels like a lifetime ago. I've been thinking about him a lot lately, and I can't talk about it AT ALL out loud without getting choked up and crying. I'm really not looking forward to June 9th, but in some ways I just want it to come and go so I can have that 'first year' behind me. Not that it will all magically be better after the year is over, but I think I will go back to feeling more 'normal' again. I have my week layoff June 8th - 12th, so at least if I am a complete mess that week I can do it alone, at home, instead of at work.

Layoff: I cannot wait for my layoff week. Our 'layoff' is kind of a joke, and is really just a show of good faith from Logistics to the rest of the enterprise. Essentially, they are paying us 1/2 our salary or stay home for a week. I'll take it! Josh has a few comp days so he will be home with me Wed-Friday of that week. I made appointments for us to each get complete physicals and blood workups that week and were planning a trip to Aurora to go shopping at the outlet mall. We could both use some new summer work clothes and the shopping around P-town is kind of pathetic. I'm pretty pumped to go to the jcrew, gap, and coach (of course) outlets. We are also going to have an engagement party for Sandy and Evan on one of the weekend on either side of my layoff week. :)

Whew! Okay, I think that's about it for the major highlights! I promise I wont go so long without updating again!

1 comment:

Stephie said...

Yay you're alive!