Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday: Continued power washing the rental (3rd day in a row) and planted new boxwood's in the planter bed.
Saturday: Spend the morning power washing, again, filling some sink holes in the rental lawn and planting new grass, and then got my hair cut. Then we went to my bosses for a BBQ and took Justin so he could play with my bosses 3 year old son. Saturday night we hung out around home and watched TV.
Sunday: Finished power washing the rental, edged the sidewalk (geeze was that overgrown!), and painted (3 coats!) all of the wood trim and porch posts.
Monday: It rained! So we slept in, went out to breakfast, grocery shopped, took a nap, did laundry, and had a lazy afternoon/evening.

The long weekend weekend wasn't all that relaxing, but the rental house looks awesome! Now its another week of work, but at least its a short week. Next week is a full week for me, but the week after is my rolling layoff week. Josh took the week off too. We aren't sure what we'll do, but know it will be nice not to have to be at work!

3 comments:

Stephie said...

Does the crazy lady still live in the rental?

alanna rose said...

I was totally thinking the same thing...

AJ said...

Ditto to Stephie and Hose...is she still there?

I'm jealous of your finished yard work...mine is on the list to tackle this weekend!