Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Attempt at Non-Sucking

Work: I'm burned out, tired, and frusterated. But on the bright side, I have a job, right? Today I found out that since January 1, 2009 Caterpillar has shed 34K employees. That is an insane number and I am glad I am not included in it.

Life: Is good when I'm not at work or working from home...this, unfortunately, is a small fraction of my time. We haven't been up to a whole lot lately but we did go to see the Harry Potter movie. I know its geeky, but I love them! It was really hot and humid last weekend so we stayed around home mostly. This weekend we've got a wedding here in Peoria, but thats about the extent of our plans. I love when our weekends aren't full of things we have to do - its so much more relaxing.

Health: We've been working really hard on breaking the cycle of staying up late and then being so tired after work that we take a nap, then waking up starving so we go out to eat, and then stay up late again doing the things we need to get done because we took a nap because we were tired....We have gotten down to only eating out once/week. We cook all of our meals for the week on Sunday so they are ready to just heat up. We've also been getting to bed at a pretty decent time. I am still taking small naps when I get home though! But the last few mornings I have been waking up with headaches and haven't felt very good. No, I am not pregnant. I checked.

Wealth: I really want to win the lottery, just once. I don't think this is asking too much. We don't even need to win big, though it would be great. Even if we just won enough to pay off our student loans...

Random: I am super excited for Mason to be here in one week!!!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah for not sucking :)

I bet I know someone WAAAAYYYY more excited to meet Mason than you are - this girl! I am also excited to sit by the bonfire or grill out with a Miller Lite. Does that make me a bad mom??

h said...

I'd like to win the lottery just once as well. Though I'd like to win enough to quit my job. :)

AJ said...

Could it be allergies for the headaches and not feeling well in the mornings? It's getting to be that season. We're all a little sneezy around here and I've been super headache-y.

Amen on the lottery!